To start with, I thank my lovely friend and amazing blogger - Kate from KateLouiseBlogs for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I really appreciate the thoughtful gesture Kate! Liebster Award is a great way for new bloggers to connect with each other. Additionally, it helps readers know the person behind the blog more personally.
An introduction to the rules for this award:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask 11 for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 1000 followers
- Let the nominees know you have nominated them
So, here are the 11 random facts about me:
- I am a dreamer...what is it to live without a million dreams!
- I strongly believe in the freedom of expression - art, literature, fashion..everything.
- I have a huge collection of dolls and I watch Strawberry Shortcake cartoons almost everyday!
- I am a lazy bum - my bed and I share a magnetic relationship.
- Despite my love for fashion, I use makeup very rarely - except for my red lipstick.
- My love for good food makes me a somewhat good cook as well.
- I am a poet at heart and I am working on a poetry collection that I would like to get published some day soon.
- I am a cry baby...I cry a lot while watching movies, listening to sad songs, reading newspapers and books and ofcourse...dicing onions!
- I guess it is true for everyone but I would still mention that I really love my family and friends.
- The best days are the ones that I spend with my husband watching stupid movies at home and cooking.
- I love the idea of love - a mother's love, a sibling's love, a friend's love...any love is just LOVE and love is wonderful!
Now, moving on to Kate's questions:
- You are being marooned on a desert island and can take only one item of makeup with you. What would it be? - My Ambition red liquid lipstick from LUSH.
- What's the most treasured item of clothing in your wardrobe? - A beautiful soft pink jute silk saree gifted by my mother-in law.
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging? - I wanted a platform to express my passion for fashion without encouraging fashion snobbery. Starting a personal blog was the best way.
- Which do you prefer - bright lips or dramatic eyes? - Bright lips any day!
- What's your favourite book and/or film? - My favorite book - The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett and there is a tie between my favorite movies - My Fair Lady (English, 1964) and Chupke Chupke (Hindi, 1975) .
- What is your dream holiday destination? - A big, beautiful, uncrowded beach.
- Who is your biggest fashion inspiration? - Audrey Hepburn - There is none like her!
- What would you say is your best character trait? - I am a good listener even though I talk a lot.
- What's your biggest fear? - Hmmmm...this is embarrasing - I am still extremely scared of ghosts.
- What is your favourite food? - I love Indian and Italian food. Although being a vegetarian by choice, I do miss out on some of the really good fares of both cuisines.
- What's your current favourite nail varnish shade? - Mandarin Orange.
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- What is the color that is most dominant in your wardrobe?
- What would you like best to do on a warm, clear spring evening?
- What are your two must have makeup items?
- Are you a coffee person or a tea person?
- How would you describe your personal style in three words?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Who is your favorite fictional character?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Which fashion magazine would you suggest to your readers?
- What kind of music do you like?
Below are my nominees (based on Bloglovin followers). Please feel free to ignore me if you've done this already. My sincere apologies to some of the really great bloggers whose names I could not include due to the restricted number of nominations.